.:Shurtugals:.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dangerous Dragons, Helping Humans, and Vindictive Vampires(who don't sparkle.) Yeah, you're hooked aren't you?

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

There's Something in the Air

Go down 
+5
xstreetkidx
Mag !
Meg
Heir_of_Eragon
Sae
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Sae

Sae

There's Something in the Air - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 4:30 pm

The dragon eyed the man carefully, measuring up the potential threat to Sam and the riders. ...

Minimal.

He rolled his eyes, growling in mock frustration. Bloody hell... what was he supposed to do with a human?

|Why are you here? Why didn't you stay with Blaze?| G'reth placed his head on his front feet, trying to look a little less vicious. He didn't want Jezzin to die of a heart attack on the ground.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shurtugals-webbie.webs.com

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 5:35 pm

(Sorry I haven't posted sooner! My car got towed >.<)

Blaze frowned but walked away, "Find someone to ride with then." She mummered, her own wings spreading. "Lets fly guys!" Blaze ran and jumped into the air, hoving a little to wait for them. I'll find the nitwitt later She thought to herself.

Last edited by Blaze on Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Meg

Meg

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 8:19 pm

((I am slightly confused at what Alanna is doing now.))
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 8:53 pm

|Have you been to Uru'baen before hatchling?| G'reth asked the human, semi-surprised by his remark. |Have you been involved with the riders? The greatest rogue force against the Empire other than the Varden? We are attacked everywhere we go. We trust few for good reason. We are hunted constantly. Are you ready to follow along with that? Or go back to the safety of ignorance?|

The dragon stretched out his talons and arched his back like a cat. He sat up, looking at Jezzin with a piercing gaze.

|What other wizard? Blaze? She is trying to protect you from harm in Sam's absence.|
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 8:56 pm

Salah glanced at the woman with a tinge of disdain. She met her dragon's eyes. "Alanna, you can come with us. We'll have to switch later on though. Eldor can't carry two for a long period of time." Eldor stretched his agile, white wings. The vampire crouched low and then jumped onto the saddle in one fluid motion. She fixed the straps around her legs and the white dragon walked beside Alanna.

Salah held out her hand, offering to help the human up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 8:34 am

Blaze started heading towards the hidden village. What she might have left out from the others, that it was her hidden village. Awhile ago it had been ruined by humans, and a massacre of the vampires inside had happened. Now, vampires were working on rebuilding it and new spells had been placed around it, making quite sure that no unwelcome visitors would be coming in anytime soon again. They had around 12 hours of flying ahead of them, that is if they kept up a constant speed. With the thirty minute breaks, every two hours, would add three more hours on to the total. Making it 15 hours, and since most of them were humans they probably had to stop to sleep for the night. She sighed, this would take awhile. A sudden thought came to her and she sent a messanger shadow to Mercruito, telling him to meet them there.

Last edited by Blaze on Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Heir_of_Eragon

Heir_of_Eragon

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 8:58 am

Arcus flew along a few yards behind Blaze and the other riders, trying to think of some way to pass the time. Maybe he'll find some wood and he can carve something out of it with his new pocket knife. Then sell it saying it's a magic luck charm. The ultimate business scheme!
Back to top Go down
http://davidtarr.deviantart.com/
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 11:21 am

G'reth eyed the man curiously. "Jared." The red had contemplated the character of the unknown human the whole ride. He knew his magic was darkness, but his intentions seemed satisfactory.. Worry stung him and he dug his talons into a layer of thin rock, cracking it instantly.

|Hellgrind priests now... Stupid humans...| The red dragon paused. |Were they the ones that taught you how to ride in the realm of shadow?"

G'reth watched Jezzin carefully. From what he knew, learning to travel through shadows wasn't a technique that many could master, especially if their target took to the skies...
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 11:23 am

Eldor crouched to the ground, steadinh himself. He opened his wings wide, jumped and gave a great pump of his wings. After several hurried wingbeats, he was in the air, riding on a thermal. The hardest part about carrying two was taking off...

"So where did you say you were from?" The vampire asked Alanna, only curious because the flight would be awkward in complete silence.
Back to top Go down
Meg

Meg

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 10:51 pm

The sun shone hot and bright, beating down on everyone's back. Moth hauled the last survivor of the fire from the ashes into the crudely-set-up healer's tent. Sighing, the elf stretched and headed toward her companions. "It's getting late...should we find an inn now or later?"
((It felt weird to leave them standing there for hours so I found them something to do. Hope you guys don't mind.))
((It's mid-afternoon. My bad.))

Last edited by Meg on Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 1:25 pm

Salah looked back at the girl in surprise. "That sounds unreal...." she said quietly, in mock disbelief.
|That sounds lovely...| Eldor popped in. His rider smiled.

"I'm sorry to hear that people infringed on your land. Are you still within your two years out in the world? And I don't know about wonderful..." Salah laughed lightly, envisioning the tortures she'd watched humans inflict on others, the Empire's attempted controlled over eveything, the constant running, the battles between races...

(( It' mid-afternoon to let you know Meg. ^^ ))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 1:39 pm

"I don't know why you spent all this time trying to save them. I would have gladly taken their souls to the next world for them. Besides, that one" he pointed at a person laying just insider the healers tent "smells absolutly delicous." While people had been trying to get as many as they could to the healers tent, he had been going around and taking the souls from the freshly dead bodies. Poor things were so confused, they didn't know what to do. He had gladly shown them into his bag, to be eaten at later date. Where they went after he had eaten them was not his problem. As he walked beside Moth, he pulled a soul out and started noming on it. "It's up to you, I am quite indifferent. But, where would we find an inn?"

Last edited by Blaze on Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Meg

Meg

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:10 pm

((haha, whoops! edited the post so now its time's correct.))
"What are you, exactly?" Moth said mildly. "Nevermind, I probably don't want to know." She gestured around the city randomly. "I suppose we could just ask around?"

((Don't think Zayne told her. Amiright? Fa, getting everything wrong today.))
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 6:01 pm

"How long have you been out here?" Salah asked. The girl didn't see too old, or battleworn from the toils of the world. "That island sounds much better than my old home." She laughed under her breathe. "The people there destroy anything that they don't understand or that they fear. That would include one of their old childhood friends that happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time." The vampire's hand tightened on the saddle and her dragon sent soothing thought into her mind.

|You wouldn't have met me.|
|The one of the few things I do not regret.| She smiled sweetly at him.

--x

G'reth eyed the human incredulously. He wasn't involved with Helgrind, he wasn't a magician himself... bloody hell. The dragon crouched lower, looking like he was going for a nap... and then he pounced. One huge red foot pinned Jezzin to the rocky ground. G'reth looked straight down at the human, growling loudly. His amber eyes bore into Jezzin's.

|Enough beating around the bush. You tell me the truth, or I crush you. Understood?|
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 6:19 pm

Sam kept her gaze locked on the castle and Jared pressed her shoulders lightly with his arm. Her attention broken, she looked at him curiously. "How about we go explore the city?" The elf bit her lip slightly, feeling that if she went out, she would be a mouse, trapped in a pack of wolves. "I won't let anything happen to you or him," Jared said soothingly. "Come on," He held out his hand to her.

God damnit. She was a rider, a rebel against the Empire. She dreamed her scimitars tearing into the tyrant, wielded by her, and revelling in the freedom his death would bring. Now, she was soo close to him. And she was paralyzed? Resolving herself from fear, Sam took a hold of Jared's hand and followed him out of the room. The innkeeper smiled at them lightly as they left, already planning what to do with the new coins in her pocket. They walked down the streets, taking in all the sights and sounds. The elf found herself enjoying the city, just the sound of people bustling around versus the sounds of battle. They passed two guards and Sam felt her breath catch in her throat. Jared gripped her hand tightly, manovering her around the guards.

"Do you honestly think they'd recognize you in a dress?" He laughed, looking at her. "All the pictures they have seen of the votorious rider have been ones of a fierce woman in her armor and always in pants. They won't recognize you even if you waved." Sam chuckled, having never seen it from his point of view. She swept off the front of her dress absentmindly. "You look lovely," Jared said quietly. He looked away from her but Sam noticed the red tinge of a blush on his cheeks.

"Thank you,"

"Anytme,"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 5:11 am

Zayne smiled, "Communications with random people! How delightful! I'll start." Zayne, all to excitdly, ran up to a random fellow and started to open his mouth to say something, but the poor fellow had already ran away screaming. What with the inhuman like speed Zayne traveled, and the big black cloak he held wrapped around him and covering his white hair, the poor fellow probably thought that it was death knocking at his door. Catch the pun? Catch it? Well it was intended! Zayne frowned, and waited for Moth to catch up with him. "I don't believe that worked out to well."
Back to top Go down
Meg

Meg

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 3:58 pm

"I'll do it then," Moth said good-naturedly. Remembering to disguise her ears and eyes and ground her heels in an effort to make the elf more human, she sauntered up to a passerby. "Excuse me. Do you happen to know of any inns hereabouts?"
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 4:22 pm

"A scorched city and a protector? Sounds like a fairytale to me. Is this protector a sweet prince of a distance land, come to overthrown Galbatorix?" The vampire grinned and her dragon snorted out a smoke ring in response. He pumped his wings, lifting himself into a nice thermal, letting the warm updraft move him forward.

--x

The cat?
G'reth just about pressed harder on the man's chest, until he looked down and saw the cat on his foot. He was about to throw it off his foot with a puff of air but the cat's comment stopped him.

"You know me small creature, yet I am afraid I don't know who you are? Refresh me?" The dragon eyed the cat strangely, not recalling meeting before. But then again, he's met plenty of strange creatures through his travels.
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 4:48 pm

Caelia placed her dagger back into her boot. The grin still hadn't left her face. Darkest's to do list held no more interest for her. There were more important matters at hand. Enough of this following humans. Lloth can send the lot of them into the Nine Hells! The drow priestess turned on the balls of her feet, silently walking away from Rallick and Laron. As she reached the door, she moved to pull a wand from her belt but felt something else there. She reached down and grabbed the handle of the object, pulling it out in front of her to inspect.

The priestess nearly cackled in glee at the sight of seven snake heads, staring at her admiringly from the whip she held. The heads swayed back and forth, waiting for her hand to urge them on. Only drow priestess's could wield such powerful weapons. She was back in Lloth's favor!

Laron, from the angle he sat, saw the snake head's weaving back and forth in a dance. His breath caught in his throat as memories of the Underdark came back to him. How many times had he fallen the victim to those cruel snakes! Their bite the least of your worries. The paralyzing potion could knock a full grown man out for up to eight hours. Plenty long enough to allow one to be taken prisoner... or to be killed. Not to mention, they each worked seperately, at such a blinding speed, that it was nearly impossible to deflect one from it's course, let alone the other six! He shuddered outwardly. And if his sister wielded it... Lloth's favor was with her indeed!

Caelia glanced at her brother, smiling at the incredulous look on his face. It was fortunate for him that she took it as one of admiration, and not of fear. She laughed lightly, commanding the snake heads to return to their usual, motionless form. The drow caressed the top of the whip gently. Praise be to Lloth! She wouldn't fail her Goddess ever again.

The corners of her mouth turned from a light smile to a wicked grin, one fitting the most vile Matron Mothers of the Underdark. "Udossta draeval zhah a rah ussta dalninuk..." she said musically in the drow tongue. Our time is at hand my brother... Laron smiled grimly, glad to be out of service from humans, but would being commanded by his sister be any better?

Their time was at hand indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 4:29 pm

G'reth pondered for a moment with the tidbit of information. "Midnight was it? It has been quite sometime..." The dragon did not know what to say to the cat.

|Is he your companion now that Darkest has.. regrettably moved on?| he said only to the cat, leaving Jezzin out of the conversation.

--x

"Person of nightmare? Doesn't sound like that's a good match for anyone... What do you mean was?" The vampire asked, turning around in the saddle to better talk to Alanna.

Her dragon's calculating brain was already on the trail of where this was going... Her actions during the battle, why she was here, who sent her. Gah. He rolled his eyes at no one in particular.

--x

The priestess creeped out of the building, easily avoiding anyone. She heard the quick steps of soft feet behind her. "Wait for me.." Laron said quietly in drow. She smiled, knowing he'd follow her. The pair creeped out onto the streets, darting down an alley and heading towards a tavern. Best spot for information after all.

Caelia held her whip in one hand, just in case. Laron, following her lead, grabbed a dagger out of his boot.
Back to top Go down
Meg

Meg

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 6:32 pm

Swift looked, slightly confused, at the girl who had spoken. She was pretty, all right, with perfectly symmetrical features, large brown eyes, and long hair. But there was something familiar about her. He looked closer, and saw the sparkles of tawny gold dotted throughout the brown iris. Tawny gold like his. A muttered word, a theatrical wave of his hand, and the glamour came off
"Moth! What are you doing here?" The elf's tone was one of complete surprise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:01 pm

Zayne spaced out once the fact that Moth and this stranger knew each other came up. He didn't care, in all honestly. He glanced around the street, straightened out his cloak, and did all manners of other things out of boredom. Old friends reuniting often took a long time. "Halt, in the name of the Empire!" rang out through the silence and people started running.

"Oh! An arrest! I wonder who's being arrested! Zayne asked starting to swivel around excitedly. "Do you think there will be an exicution?
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:04 pm

Salah's jaw dropped slightly, but she held it in check. "Darkest you say.. he was your protector?"
|Should've seen that coming...| Eldor put in pointedly.
|I was hoping it would be someone else.| The vampire replied icily.

--x

Jared glanced at Sam and pulled her along down a recognizable side street. "I want to check on my cousin's place." They walked quickly to the scorched building. Easily evading the guards through a spell on Sam's part, they snuck into the building. Almost everything was upturned. Several items were missing.

Jared opened a draw and cursed under his breath. "My father's watch was in there. They were definately searching for something.."

Sam walked upstairs, jumping the broken stairs. She nearly fell in from the last stair collapsing underneath her feet. It fell with a clash. "Shit..." she whispered and stepped lightly over the floor. The bedroom was in pieces. She went to the window and glanced outside at the oblivious guards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:09 pm

Blaze fluttered around infront of them. She had an ear listening to the conversation going on behind her with Salah and Alanna. This would be so much easier if she could take them all through the realm of shadows! Then they would be there already! The only problem was she didn't know is she could manage taking them all and making sure they all survive the cold depths. "I have an idea" She told everyone, her voice ringing clearly in their heads. "We would get there faster, if we went through the shadow realm. What do you say?"
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:21 pm

"With dragons?" Salah said incredulously. Eldor shivered just thinking about it, flapping his wings faster to catch up to the flying vampire. "Is that even possible?"

(( Sorry about the shortness lol ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

There's Something in the Air
Page 8 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
.:Shurtugals:. :: Role-Play Palace :: Role-Play Palace-
Jump to: