.:Shurtugals:.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dangerous Dragons, Helping Humans, and Vindictive Vampires(who don't sparkle.) Yeah, you're hooked aren't you?

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

There's Something in the Air

Go down 
+5
xstreetkidx
Mag !
Meg
Heir_of_Eragon
Sae
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
Meg

Meg

There's Something in the Air - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 7:14 pm

((Edited.))
Ana came up and rested her huge head on the floor next to Percy. He was still leaning against the wall, slightly in shock at what just happened. We've got to go. The others have left, and if we stay here much longer I'm afraid that we'll become vampire fodder. Percy gave a silent nod and turned to Jezzin and Alanna.
"Ana can hold all three of us," he said. "I don't have a saddle, but her scales are smooth." He turned away and clambered up to his own seat in the dragon's tangle of horns.
Ana crawled outside and took off, four wings straining a bit under the extra weight, heading for Uru'baen.
A few hours later, a small, translucent, purple-eyed wind landed on Percy's shoulder, collecting into a vague dragon-like shape. "Puzzle," he said, surprised. Then, with sudden inspiration, asked, "Will you take a message for me?"

With a spoken name on his trail, Puzzle swirled off.

Last edited by Meg on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:36 am

Sam felt herself flying on G'reth, warm in the Hardarac desert. Then suddenly, as only a dream could, the Hardarac changed into a lush forest, a coast, then a rocky outcropping. She felt G'reth landed on one of the crags. There was a cave. And a hearty growl... Was that a dragon? Her eyed narrowed, staring into it's wild eyes. She tried to make contact with it but there was a wall of resistance. The dragon was purple. A wild dragon?

And then it lunged, maw open to pick her off G'reth's saddle. The elf jumped and just before the purple swallowed her it said,
"Sam? Are you there?"

Sam awoke with with a gasp and sat straight up. She felt instantly dizzy. Who could be reaching her here? She was far from the other riders. She shook the image of wild dragon out of her mind and stretched her conscious to answer. The contact was so faint she couldn't tell who it was. G'reth rumbled awake in the back of her mind and Sam vividly saw the images of the dream pass through her mind as the dragon perused them.

I think I'm beginning to hear things... the elf said to her dragon. She rubbed her tired eyes. It was about four hours till the sun would begin to rise.

---x

Caelia felt Lolth driving her to do something. She let her mind go and allowed her goddess to use her body as a conduit. Her body surged with divine power and Lolth stepped forward, walking outside of the room and outside to the street. Caelia seemed to lurk in the back of her mind, she had no control of her body. She wondered if this was punishment. Would Lolth push her mind out of her own body?

The goddess paid no mind to the priestess' thoughts. She stood under the moonlight and began her spell. "Sut l'vhid wlalth pholor l'ventash'ma d'l'ur'thalrss.," Release the chaos spell upon the leader of the riders

The goddess paused. I have bigger plans for you, Lolth promised before leaving Caelia's body. The drow priestess crumpled to the ground before her mind fully registered her renewed control of her body. Caelia pulled herself to her feet with a confused look and headed back inside. Nygaele and Laron stared at her questioningly. Caelia gave them an equally chilling look and Nygaele looked away. Laron gave a small smile and chuckle.

Last edited by Sae on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.shurtugals-webbie.webs.com
Blaze&Exxon

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:40 pm

(All dragons and riders were released from where Blaze had them. You may thank Salah and her sacrifice for that.)

Blaze didn't talk on the flight to the base, she was too busy thinking about her plans to burn down another town, but which one? Should they go bigger, or just get a lot of smaller ones. She sighed, such hard choices. She tried asking Exxon for his advice but he just flew, refusing to talk to her. "Fine. Be that way." She pouted, turning her attention to her nails.

They finally landed right in front of the missions base. "Your hungry." Blaze stated after she had slid off and looked at Salah. "I'll watch the...kid." She added glowering down at her last living blood relative "while you go eat. We have humans here, if you'd like to feed from them. But I doubt you would." She frowned deeper, reaching out for the kid.

"I expect you back in an hour, we are getting ready to invade another town."
Back to top Go down
Blaze&Exxon

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:42 pm

Mercrutio scowled "I don't dance." Inside he was scolding himself, why hadn't he just gone with Blaze? Instead he had stayed here and now look at this, the damned was after him. "Who sent you?" He asked, "I don't have a debt that I can think of. And why Hell? Can't I go some place, cooler?"
Back to top Go down
darkestflame
Admin
darkestflame

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:54 pm

"I'm afraid not." He stepped forward and slashed with the flaming blade, a tentative strike, reaching, testing.
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:44 am

Salah's eyes widened. The vampire had tried all night to hide her hunger and Blaze was letting her feed her own way? Salah felt like thanking every god and goddess worshiped. She handed the child to Blaze and hopped on Eldor's back. An hour. She nodded in agreement. Just before Eldor took off, Salah glanced back at Blaze.

"Thank you," she said quietly before the white dragon jumped into the sky.
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 1:16 am

Sam shook Jared's shoulder gently. "Jared... wake up. C'mon, we have to get going," He moaned and tossed onto his other side grumbling something that sounded like five more minutes. Sam rolled her eyes and reached for her bag. She reached for her hairbrush in her pack and instantly snatched her hand back. Her thumb was bleeding. The elf swore under her breathe, searching for what she had cut herself on. The piece of Wydra Darkest had given to her. She had put it in her bag after Jared had obviously touched it. The blade glimmered in the light and Sam felt herself asking herself once more... Why had Darkest told her to go to Uru'baen? She sighed and put the piece of the blade in another pocket. She healed her wound and nudged Jared with her foot.

"I'm leaving," and she walked away. Sam wasn't surprised to find Jared running after her down the block. They walked quietly through the city, easily avoiding the small amount of guards present. They reached the city's southern gates. Sam cast a small spell to make light curve around them, rendering them invisible, and then quickly levitated them over the gate, watching for spellcasters that might trace her magic. They hit the ground running and did not till they were well out of sight of the gate. Sam wanted to keep running, feeling G'reth's elation at their return, but Jared, as a human, could only go so fast. They approached the cave where they left G'reth and began the slow climb up.

I missed you... the red said to his rider. Sam smiled and began to climb faster.
Back to top Go down
Meg

Meg

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 11:40 am

Puzzle came back, head hung low as a message of dejection. Percy let it light on his hand. "No luck, then?" The wind shook its head in a human-like gesture.
"We'll have to try again, then. Just in a different way." He closed his eyes, concentrating his conscience out towards Uru'baen. Earlier he had been afraid to try since he was still a weak mage and probably couldn't reach that far. Now that they were closer, though, there was a better chance of a connection. Still, he had to stretch his conscience thin to get close to the city.
He found Sam's conscience and tapped at the magical barriers around her mind softly. Sam?
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 10:52 am

Sam looked around in shock. Percy? What the hell are you doing so close to Uru'baen? Are you mental?! G'reth peeked out the cave, looking for anyone watching them, and then snaked his neck out so Sam could grab onto his scales. The red dragon nimbly picked up Jared with his fangs and pulled him into the cave. Sam landed lightly on the ground and G'reth set Jared gently on his feet.

"What is it?" Jared asked Sam. He could see her frown and the worry in her eyes.

"One of my riders... so close to Uru'baen he can contact me..." the elf said slowly, suddenly distracted. G'reth nudged his rider, reassuring her that the other riders would be alright.

Percy, who is with you and where are you? And where is everyone else?
Back to top Go down
Meg

Meg

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 5:16 pm

((And then I got rid of him sitting on the horns.))
They had landed. Percy slid off of Ana's back and replied, Alanna and Jezzin ((?)) are with me. We're in a forest nearby. Some of the other Riders are looking for you too, actually. But Blaze took Salah.
As an afterthought, he added, Sorry. Didn't know what else to do.
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 10:26 am

Sam's mind whirled around all this information. She cursed under her breathe. Send me a mental image of where you are. Stay where you are, get under cover and make sure you do not get any closer to Uru'baen than you already are, understand? G'reth growled and shuffled forward, snaking his neck out of the cave to check for any wandering eyes.

Jared shuffled around nervously. "Sam, we should get out of here before the sun rises. They'll change the guard shift then. A pair of fresh eyes might catch sight of us as we leave,"

"I know, we are going to meet Percy now," G'reth crouched down and allowed his rider to quickly saddle him. The dragon growled softly at the saddle, wishing he could fly without it. "Sorry," Sam said but the dragon nudged his rider affectionately. Jared helped Sam and then climbed onto the dragon's back. Sam grabbed the last of her stuff and stowed it in the saddlebags. She nimbly jumped onto G'reth's back.

Percy near Uru'baen, Blaze took Salah? Where are the other riders? The elf's thoughts whirled around, trying to fill in the gaps.

Everything will be fine... G'reth tried to reassure his rider, but Sam could even feel his mixed emotions, though he tried to hide them.

--x

Salah swiftly drained a rabbit to gain the sustenance she needed and hopped back onto Eldor. They had less than half an hour alone together. The rider felt sick to her stomach. Just the thought of attacking another town... God, what had happened to the world... to Blaze? The white dragon stretched out his conscious. No one. They were alone.

We are always alone Eldor... Salah mused sadly. They flew on for another twenty minutes before Eldor increased the pounding of his wings to return them to Blaze in time. The white dragon landed lightly away from the rest of the vampires.
Back to top Go down
Meg

Meg

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 4:47 pm

Percy fed the pictures of his surroundings into Sam's brain. We're not going anywhere.

He broke off the connection and summoned Puzzle. "Will you make sure they don't get lost or sommat?" he asked. Puzzle whistled happily and flew off.
Back to top Go down
Blaze&Exxon

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 5:06 pm

Blaze was sitting down, the only thing still in a room of swirling movement. A light frowned played on her lips as she thought. The plan was going well, the government is concentrating on dragon riders, and that helped her. Part of her plan of using salah was making sure that her and her dragon were seen by the general public. As long as there were dragons around no one would suspect the vampires. Most of which were assumed to be dead due to their lack of activity.

She glanced up at exxon, who was playing with that child. Exxon was bothering her greatly. He wasn't happy to see her. Instead he was displeased to find her in such a manner. Just minutes ago he had lectured her on how this was exactly what she had been trying to stp from the vampires. And now she was leading the chaos. 'I never liked him anyways' she thought to herself pouting.

~~~
Mercrutio grimmaced. You know what? I don't think I want to play with you anymore. You are mean." And on that note he took off running towards where he had left his very unhelpful dragon. He vaulted onto to he dragons back, casting what ever spell he could think of towards the stranger as he did so. "To base camp" he shouted as his dragon took off and started flying away.

~~~
Zayne followed sam. Plain and simple. He wasn't even trying to conseal himself as he did so. He just followed her with open curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 10:51 pm

G'reth took a step forward out of the cave and stretched his long neck out, finally able to stretch out to full height. He growled in contentment and looked around once more, using his scent and hearing as well. Something wasn't right. The large red nearly stepped back into the cave. G'reth felt Jared and Sam tense on his back.

What is it?

There's someone... or something out there. It doesn't feel right. Sam stretched out her conscious to scan the area while her dragon flickered through her thoughts at the images of Percy's surroundings and tried to make himself a mental map. They seemed to be due south of the city.

Thank god... Sam interjected into his thoughts. If they had been on the north side they would have had to fly undetected over or around the city. A daunting prospect... G'reth agreed and shook his scales, readying himself for flight. Or fight if necessary.

Sam finally grazed over something. Something? More like someone, but there was a feeling of familiarity. Sam searched her memories, as did her dragon, and they both arrived at the same conclusion at the same time.

Zayne?

--x

Eldor walked slowly through the camp, trying not to bring to much attention to himself. As a white dragon in the dark, he was not exactly succeeding. Angry, mistrustful eyes followed him and his rider. Other wore smug expressions and the dragon knew they must be closer in Blaze's inner circle. He snapped his jaws at one of the vampires and roared in his face. Salah jumped from the show of aggression from the normally playful and laid back dragon.

Eldor's roar turned into a hearty growl and he stared down the vampire, wanting to incinerate the thing on the spot. He could have, but Blaze might take it out of Salah... The dragon turned and strode away, looking for Exxon.
Back to top Go down
Blaze&Exxon

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 3:25 am

Zayne bounced out from behind a tree, his hood falling off revealing his sparkling pure white hair. "HI!" He said, almost annoyingly loud, in that innocent boyish tone of his. "I was in the area. And so were you. And you know you dragon riders always attract a lot of casualties..." He smiled at Sam. "And I just thought I'd follow you for a bit, cause you dragon riders also know how to have a lot of fun." His eye twinkled was life as he spoke. Weird, considering he took life to survive.
~~~~~

It wasn't very long until Mercrutio landed at base camp. He had to admit that could have gone seriously wrong, but so far run as fast as you can and pray for the best has always worked for him. He's still alive isn't he? No one said he was honorable. No, aren't necromancers suppose to be non honorable people? Yeah? Had to be so. Who he was trying to convince of such things, I do not know.

He walked briskly over to the main tent, pushing people out of his way as he stormed his way towards Blaze. When he finally reached her he told her everything that happened. Blaze's frown deepened. She thought it over, now she could have her revenge. She was powerful and had a whole army at her command. But then again, this was her battle. She wouldn't want anyone getting in the way of her fun.

"Gather the troops." She shouted, standing up. A wicked smiled spread across her face "We are going to take control of Teirm. This time, we kill everyone."
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 10:40 pm

Sam rolled her eyes. Oh Zayne. He really was harmless... "Get on, we have to leave now," G'reth soared down to Zayne and bent down to allow him on. The sun would be rising soon. They had to get going, grab Percy and get away from Uru'baen before the change of the watch.

--x

Eldor paused mid step. Teirm?

Oh my god... his rider said.

The white dragon barreled through the hurried vampires. Exxon! What are we going to do? They can't attack Teirm!
Back to top Go down
Meg

Meg

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 8:05 pm

((I don't know if Alanna and Jezzin are still characters so I'll drop them. It's just Percy.
Also he carries around a staff now.))

Percy was drowsing against Ana's side when Sam landed in the clearing. Puzzle whirled into view and landed on his shoulder, whistling. "Thank you," Percy said to the spirit. "Fairly sure we're going now, so stay close."

He stood up, leaning against the staff the twins had given him before he'd left. "So, what's next?"
---
Shelby ((Shelley)) wandered through the streets of Teirm. She was here with her old troupe and the rest of the circus members, which had combined when she had forfeited leadership.

Did I do the right thing? I mean, look at what happened to Percy, but that doesn't mean-

Stop it, a voice chided. Terlu, her dragon. You'll kill yourself with your incessant worrying, and seeing as I'll die too I'd rather that not happen.

Shut up, feathers.

She turned a corner. She would only stay until she ran into Percy again, but with the troupe's constant wandering that could be forever. And wouldn't that be unfortunate?
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 12:16 am

(( Sorry super busy with work. Just got back from Cirque du Soleil : D ))

Sam stifled a yawn behind her hand and poked Jared's shoulder. "Wake up," The man grunted and leaned back, allowing Sam to loosen the straps around her legs. She slid delicately off the saddle and landed in front of Percy. G'reth shook himself, nearly knocking Jared and Zayne off.

The saddle itches...

I'm sorry... His rider said, but the dragon just nuzzled his rider.

Sam turned back to Percy. "What has been going on? I leave you guys for three days and all hell breaks loose?" she said jokingly. She tried to keep things light, but she was worried. Where was Blaze and Salah? She told them to look after the newer riders....
Back to top Go down
Meg

Meg

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 7:15 pm

"Basically," Percy replied, not catching the joking tone. "We were in the clearing one instant, then in a prison, and then someone helped Salah bust out but Blaze caught her. I don't know what happened after that."
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 10:32 pm

Sam paused and stared at Percy. What? G'reth growled softly. "You don't know where they are then?"

Blaze caught her? G'reth asked aloud. His rider looked equally puzzled. Sam stretched out her mind to see if there were any other riders in the vicinity. Nothing, nowhere. She bit the bottom of her lip nervously, having the feeling that something went terribly amiss...
Back to top Go down
Meg

Meg

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 5:30 pm

"I could find out." Percy looked up to find Puzzle, who was darting about in the air above them. It took a while for the wind spirit to notice him, but eventually it took the hint and floated down. "Could you find the one called Salah?"

A nod, a whisk, and Puzzle was gone. Having a wind spirit for a friend was helpful sometimes.

A while later, it came back, whirling around Percy's head and proudly showing him the images it had collected. Percy tilted his head, trying to make sense of them.

"They're...in the air. Flying. Not just dragons. I don't know where they're going but the sun's...behind them? I think? Sorry I can't be of more use."

((Tell me if I'm godmodding or something I kind of feel like I am.))
Back to top Go down
Meg

Meg

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 13 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 9:49 pm

As the humans talked, Ana raised her head to G'reth. Do you know where we will be going next? she asked him.
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 13 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:37 pm

No idea.. possibly after Blaze and Salah, though we do not really no what is going on, The large red shifted his weight anxiously. He yawned and looked towards his rider. She looked at him with worry in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Meg

Meg

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 13 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 8:03 pm

"How are we going to find them?" asked Percy. "Maybe we should go back to the cave we were trapped in...? Maybe they are still around there."
Back to top Go down
darkestflame
Admin
darkestflame

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 13 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 9:06 am

((Probably gonna tick some people off with this one.))

"DAMNIT!" The rogue cursed and threw down the blade, it clattered across the cobblestones, contrasting sharply with the crackle of dying flames. A soft hissing reached his ears and he whirled around to see the man swathed in bandages leaning leisurely against a wall, shadows concealing his features.

"He would never have let him get away. He would have followed him and ended it right there."

"WELL I'M NOT HIM!" The rogue snapped, pacing, then heading over to sheathe the blade in a fluid, angry motion that jerked him around, and he continued pacing, back and forth, like a caged tiger.

"I don't see why we have to continue this mummery anyway! Why can't we just use my face?! Why all this skulking in shadows and running away?!"

"Because his face is known. Because of the contacts he made, the life he led, because he had what we need now. His enemies are held at bay only by his reputation. You have none Jezzin, you are nothing without him. WE have nothing without him." The gravelly voice of the bandaged man cut through the air like a whip.

"And you have his power Midnight, but can use none of it." Jezzins' voice dripped with contempt.
"It destroys you from inside, and you refuse to use it, or better yet, give it to one who will!"

The burned figure, also known as Midnight, cocked his head and stood up straight, off the wall.

"And what would you do with it kitten? You have talent, but none of his strength, or skill. Without the shadows, you-"

Jezzin's fist cracked against Midnights forehead, the half-elf moving faster than Midnight could follow, throwing the were-cat back into the soot covered bricks.

"I would take the fight to them. I would kill them all. Shadows are NOTHING compared to flame!"

"Kehkehkehkeh, fool, you need the shadow to conceal the-" Midnight gasped as cold steel whispered, darting in and out of his ribcage, scarlet blossoming across his bandages.

"YOU are the fool. Fire consumes all, I'm taking this power and- Why are you laughing?"

Midnight spat blood into the confused half-breeds face.

"You have no idea how similar you two are....you want...to distance yourself from him? You are him...you are....a pawn....remember....the brightest flame....the hottest flame...dies first." Midnight slid down the wall, unable to keep standing, a scarlet smear above his head. He died with a grin on his face. Jezzins rage was soon replaced by cold fear as the black flame Darkest had once held roared to life, consuming the corpse, and leaping towards him, he screamed, falling backwards in his haste to turn and flee, and darkness consumed him. -Too tired to continue, will continue later-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

There's Something in the Air
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
.:Shurtugals:. :: Role-Play Palace :: Role-Play Palace-
Jump to: