.:Shurtugals:.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dangerous Dragons, Helping Humans, and Vindictive Vampires(who don't sparkle.) Yeah, you're hooked aren't you?

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

There's Something in the Air

Go down 
+5
xstreetkidx
Mag !
Meg
Heir_of_Eragon
Sae
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage

There's Something in the Air - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:26 pm

"It is." Blaze said, her already pale skin blanching at the thought. "We will just have to make a line, if the line gets broken, whoever gets disconnected will die with in seconds. Of freezing." Blaze added the last bit in like an after thought.
Back to top Go down
Meg

Meg

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 pm

((I HAD A POST. WHERE DID IT GO?))
Ignoring Zayne, Moth stepped forward. "Who follows your stupid king anyway? You can take your accusation and mgh-"
Her brother had covered her mouth. Now he stepped forward and said smoothly, "Excuse me, my lord, but we have done nothing wrong. What is the source of this accusation?"
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 pm

"Oh that sounds just peachy...." Salah said, falling back on the comfort of her dragon's back. "I personally enjoy sunlight and do not want to turn into an icicle." Eldor nodded his approval with a hearty flap of his white wings.

"How much longer to get to this place anyway? Can't be that far?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.shurtugals-webbie.webs.com

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 1:05 pm

"Buisness! I'm here to collect the souls of the dead of course!" Zayne said with a happy smile. "But, I think that's more pleasure than buisness." Zayne added as an after thought. Of course he was not catching on to that was something he wasn't suppose to say."
Back to top Go down
Heir_of_Eragon

Heir_of_Eragon

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 3:03 pm

((I skimmed. I'll get back to Arcus once I've read the stuffed i missed with more focus, unless someone's willing to do the catch-up routine for me.))

Knurla kept himself from panicking at the word 'emergency.' He did run to the door as fast as he could though, and opened to door slightly, but open enough to see who was on the other side. "Good-day. What's up?"
Back to top Go down
http://davidtarr.deviantart.com/
Meg

Meg

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 3:55 pm

"I'm here on an...assignment. And my sister here," Swift said, flinging an arm casually around Moth's shoulders while simultaneously bringing her to his side, "Is showing me around. She lives right around the corner. And he," he pointed at the cloaked figure, "is her crazy friend. Forgive me, milord. I thought you were talking to us. It seems obvious now that you weren't. Please excuse us." He gently pushed his way through the wall of guards and continued down the road, seemingly heading to Moth's "house."
Back to top Go down
Heir_of_Eragon

Heir_of_Eragon

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 6:21 pm

Knurla struggled for a few moments against the man who tackled him, and struggled with the chains, and struggled with the pounding in his ears so he could hear clearly what the other man was saying. He heard enough to understand. Knurla finally gave up in his struggling. He couldn't help but noticed that the man referred to him as "Captain." Perhaps they just wanted him to submit a complaint. But judging by the way he was being handled, he deeply doubted that theory. "On what circumstances?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 8:30 pm

"I don't want to leave yet!" Zayne complained as they started leaving to go to Moth's house. Zayne knew very well that Moth didn't live here, Moth was only here because Zayne was magical enough to transport them."I want to see who gets arrested."
Back to top Go down
Meg

Meg

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:21 pm

"I just told you," Swift's voice took on an annoyed tone. "Must I repeat myself? I am Swift. This is Moth and her crazy friend whom I forgot his name. I have business here-I work for a blacksmith in Feinster and my master is out of iron. Lucky for me, my family lives here so I don't have to pay for an inn. I've gotten the iron, so my little sister here is showing me around, since my family just moved 2 months ago." Gently, he reached out and narrowed the captain's connection to the ground.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 9 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 1:48 pm

"Me?" Zayne asked looking around him as if this odd man yelling out orders might be talking to someone else. "Where are we going? To the zoo? I like the zoo, or perhaps the healers tent? I'm sure that would make some yummy meals. Horse back riding? I'm not that good, but you can teach me right?" Zayne was going to keep going on, clueless as always but Keane thought he'd stop his friend with a bite to the neck. It worked, Zayne shut up at once.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 9 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 2:26 pm

"Well, shadow realm it is. Time to land!!" Blaze dove to the earth, at the last moment she pulled up and landed with her feet lightly touching. "I'm getting good at this!" She exclaimed. She waited for everyone else to land. "This is what is going to happen." Blaze dug into her bag and pulled out a rope. "Everyone grab a hold, except for the dragons. Don't let go, don't fall of your dragons or they will be lost, maybe you will be too. And most of all keep your eyes closed and keep running. Got it?" Blaze finished and dived into a shadow, dragging everyone else in behind her.
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 9 EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 12:02 am

"Bloody hell..." Salah muttered, grabbing the end of the rope and taking up the rear. Eldor glanced at her anxiously as she strapped her legs tightly down and crouched low over his back as they entered the Shadow Realm.

--x

"Damn it! Yes! Did I not tell you that he'd be here in the first place?" The man cursed foully under his breathe, pulling his arms out of the guards reach and standing on his own. "I find the riders and this is my repayment." He said scathingly.

He brushed off the front of his now torn shirt... One of his best shirts.

"That's him." Tobias said calmly, regaining some composure. "That's your guy."
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 9 EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 12:09 am

(( Sorry about the lateness of these posts lol Spring is in full swing and it's fire time on the island. Wink Partay! ))

Sam turned away from the window and levitated back downstairs. She spotted Jared around a corner, in what appeared to have been the living room. His face was contemplative but instantly turned to grief. In his hands, a piece of fabric.

"What is it?" the elf said comfortingly. She put a hand on his shoulder. He showed her the red fabric. The Empire. Jared's head hung low and he snarled in anger.

"We caused the trouble, my friends and I. He gave us a safe haven... and now I don't even know if he is alive..." His free hand moved up to his shoulder and grabbed Sam's. She squeezed it reassuringly. "I hate them... I wish they would all burn... Like they have done to so many others." Sam frowned slightly, not knowing what to say. Jared glanced at her and pulled her along to the back door. "Let's go..." Muttering under his breath, he covered both of them in shadows and they easily passed unnoticed through the hazy back alley. Sam saw the anguish in the man's eyes and the fire behind them. "Let's go back to the room... You are in no fit shape for this...." She glanced up at the sky. The sun was slowly making it's way down. Enough time for dinner, a drink and then some much needed rest.

Jared obliged, following the elf, not letting go of her hand for an instant.
Back to top Go down
Heir_of_Eragon

Heir_of_Eragon

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 9 EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 7:55 am

Knurla found himself trapped. No one was coming to save him from this... mob. And he had no choice but to give in.
Back to top Go down
Heir_of_Eragon

Heir_of_Eragon

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 2:54 pm

He somewhat doubted the intruder's apology, but Knurla continued to give in, while every second ticked by he began thinking about what he might be able to make of this situation...

Arcus closed his eyes and held onto his dragon Mystic as they traveled through the undefinable shadow realm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:31 pm

"Delightful! I'm famished." Zayne said clapping his hands together happily. "Walking is fine. Fine fine fine. It's a little bit too hot for this cloak though." As Zayne said it he pulled if off reviling his pure white hair and his white eyes, without pupils. "Moth, random person who knows Moth and called me crazy, it has been a pleasure meeting you." He said giving them a bow.

<(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>

Blaze lead everyone out of the shadow relam and into a clearing surrounded by trees. A few yards away was a lake with a waterfall pouring into it. "Home sweet home." Blaze said with a sigh taking everything in. "Everyone welcome to the vampire village of Conan. A few miles that way." Blaze said nodding her head in another direction. "Is the human village Conan. We stole there name to confuse. It's help many a time before." Blaze grinned at the group. A vampire pass out of the trees.
"Blaze you're back! Sooner than we expected!" It was a young looking vampire.
"This is Frie everyone. She's my appretance. Be nice to her." Blaze told her compainions. "Now come, come I'm going to show you around." Blaze said then strodd off around the lake and walked right into the waterfall.

After walking through water falls, one might expect to come out soaking. They were still completely dry after making there way through it. After waiting for everyone to make sure they were through Blaze lead them through a maze of tunnels until they reached what appeared to be a dead end. "This is new, we just added it." Blaze said with a slight smile. She whispered a few words to the rock, and it opened like a gate might. "Welcome, to my city." Blaze said as the veiw came into site.

The city was all together a dark place, considering vampire didn't need light and sunlight was not allowed in here. After all, vampires and the sun did not get along very well at all. There were street lamps lined up and some other lamps mainly only put in use because they did get the ocational human visitor. After all, vampires are burdened by blood lust. The city still showed signs of the recent attack that it had so recently fallen under, but the repairs were going smoothly and it looked better than last time. "The dragons." Blaze said turning to the group. "Will have to stay up there, because my house is not big enough. It should be comfortable for all of them." Blaze pointed at a cave craved into the walls of the cave. It had been made when she had gotten her very own dragon. "Now, to my house!" Blaze exclaimed and started leading through the city. As she walked vampires would come out and Blaze would stop, touch their hands, hug, or kiss them on the cheek. She always remembered to introduce them to her companions though.

It took awhile to get there but they finally arrived at a mansion in the middle of the city. "My home." She said as she ushered them in. She lead the group down a hallway and held open the door to the sitting room and held it open, waiting for everyone to go in.
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:53 pm

"Much appreciated. Thank you. Now, if you don't mind, I would love to see the mess made of my room cleaned by one, perhaps several of the maids. Are we done here? I would ever so like to clean up and change," Tobias said politely as possible with a smile. He bowed slightly, concealing his mocking the authoritative figure in front of him. It was a dangerous game, working with the Empire, and he intended to play just as well as anyone else. Perhaps better.

--x

Salah, bringing up the rear, was the last to see the place. She had heard about it from Blaze before, but had never seen it for herself. On top of Eldor's back, she felt like she was not one of their kind. Their eyes revealed a unsatiable blood lust and the rider felt herself advert her eyes.

|You'll be fine. I'll be here with you| Her dragon swiftly reminded her. The vampire grinned, patting his side affectionately. When Blaze pointed up at the cave, Salah felt her heart sink slightly. Eldor turned a fierce eye on her. |Visit me?|

|Of course.| The dragon growled happily, bending low to make it easier for Alanna to dismount. Salah hopped off his back and faced him. The dragon nuzzled her with his snout and she held his face close to her chest. She felt a rumble in his throat, a growl of satisfaction. She let go and the white nuzzled his rider one last time for good measure before taking off towards the caves.

Salah's feet felt heavy as she walked inside, feeling like a stranger in the midst of all the vampires.

Last edited by Sae on Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 10:07 pm

Sam waited patiently at the door of the inn, staring at some of the patrons in the tavern. A rowdy bunch it seemed. Several men glanced her way and she avoided their piercing gaze, edging away from the door. Jared was suddenly at her side, his arm around her waist. He steered her out onto the street.

"Well, someone seems to be in a better mood," Sam remarked in surprise. She glanced quickly in disbelief at the tender grasp on her small waist and back to the man. Jared smiled at her, positively beaming.

"It was terrible upstairs all by myself but when I came down the stairs and saw such a pretty lady waiting for me it was all I could do not to shout out in joy," Sam blushed in spite of herself and tried to turn away from him to hide it. He reached out with his other hand, turning her face back to his. "Don't be embarrassed. I meant every word." The elf smiled quickly and Jared began to whistle a happy, little tune. They walked down the street, looking like a romantic couple. After about five mintues, they stepped into another inn with a decent cook and settled down to eat.

Sam could barely contain herself. Fresh food...not salted to preserve, not dried out. Real food. She nibbled delicately on some fruit and fresh bread. Then moved onto the main course. The day waned quickly, the night fast approaching. A band started up, entertaining the guests and Jared pulled Sam out of her seat for a dance. She tried to resist but he pulled her out onto the floor anyways.

Bloody hell... Sam thought an hour later as they walked back towards their lodgings, taking the long way around to enjoy the night. I haven't danced in years... Her feet ached pleasently and her head pounded in excitement. She laughed out loud, drawing a stare from Jared.

"I haven't gotten to enjoy myself like that in a long, long time..." she explained quickly. "Normally there are much more important matters at hand. Like preventing someone from trying to decapitate me." The elf laughed lightly at her own joke and the man beside her laughed along.

"No worries about that now though," he said, looking back at the nearly set sun. He put an arm comfortably around her waist and they continued their walk through Uru'baen.
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 12:06 pm

"It's nothing..." Salah said quickly. "I'm just missing Eldor's company already." She dropped into a brooding silence again, hoping Alanna would drop the subject or accept her useless reply.

--x

Tobias smiled and hurried out of the room, happy to be away from the moody scene. He ran off to the lodgings and snuck into a random persons room. Ensuring that there was no one there, Tobias washed his face and tended to his wounds. He tore off the rest of his mangled shirt, throwing it out the window and into the alley. He stole a nice beige shirt from a drawer, fixed his hair and left, heading off to a tavern for the night to enjoy some much needed companionship and entertainment.
Back to top Go down
Meg

Meg

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:35 pm

"Come on, Swift!" Swift dragged his little sister as he wound his way back to the inn where he was staying.
"But Blaze-"
"Is out of our hands now. The Empire has him, and the Empire is not something you want to deal with," He banged up the stairs and pushed her into the room. "Stay here 'till I get back. All right?"
"Where are you going?" Swift demanded, scowling at her pushy brother.
"To meet a...client. He's got business I have to handle. Now stay here." Then he pushed through the door, leaving it swinging violently behind him. Swift huffed and plumped on the bed. Who said he was the boss of her? Then another thought pushed into her mind, the image of the young girl the drow had had with them. Where was she now? Gently the elf slipped out through the window, disregarding her brother's orders, and stole out into the night.

((I thought Salah was the vampire...?))
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 7:55 am

With the sun almost set, Sam and Jared quickly made their way back to their inn. They were about to step in the door but Sam stumbled slightly. Jared caught her but something seemed wrong. She glanced around the room and caught the eye of the innkeeper. The elf stepped inside, glancing around warily. The innkeeper came up to her and Jared. "You are not going to be able to stay here... not tonight I'm afraid. There's mold, terrible mold. In the room. I'm sorry." She handed them back one of the gold pieces and walked away.

The pair glanced at each other. They stepped back outside and slipped around the back. "Thrysta," the rider whispered under her breathe, levitating her and Jared up to the room. It was a disaster... Was that a .. body?

"What the hell happened here?" Jared exclaimed in alarm. Sam raced over to her pack which was overturned. She fumbled through it quickly. Nothing seemed to be missing... Sam felt sick to her stomach as she stared at the man. He had been one of the men downstairs at the tavern. "Come on. lets get outta here in case they come back," The elf nodded and levitated them back out onto the alley.

"Where can we go now? The gates are closed, we can't even go to G'reth without arousing suspicion," Sam whispered under her breath, the pack on her shoulder feeling dirty, reminding her of the room. Jared put his arm around her waist.

"We'll go to my cousin's old place... it's better than nothing," They quickly navigated through the streets to the burnt house. Sam felt like their were eyes following her everywhere. She stifled a sob in her throat and Jared looked over in alarm. "What's wrong?"

"Everywhere I go, I can't escape from anything. Violence.. death.. blood... fear follow me everywhere..." The elf felt her feet fall out from underneath her in shock. Jared bent down with her, letting her gently down to the ground. Sam angrily tried to brush the embarrassing tears out of her eyes but Jared beat her to it. He brushed away her tears and pushed her bangs back to stare into her eyes.

"It'll be fine. I'm here for you, I promise." He leaned in and kissed her softly on the lips. Sam felt her head fall gratefully into his chest and he held her, holding her close to keep her warm and comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 7:56 am

"Damn..." Jared muttered under his breath. It had began to rain. He pulled Sam to her feet and half dragged her inside the place. He left her in the ruined living room and climbed upstairs, avoiding broken stairs. He grabbed all the blankets he could find and brought them back downstairs. He wrapped Sam up in them and talked to her until she slowly fell asleep.

Jared rubbed his hands together anxiously and pulled out his sword. He'd stay awake for a while... just in case.

Sam moved in her sleep, a pained expression on her face. Moaning in distress, he tried to soothe her by putting a gentle hand on her back. The nightmares must have slowly ceased because she fell back into a peaceful sleep.
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 7:57 am

(( *rolls eyes* Really mature guys. Wink ))
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 5:07 pm

Jared stepped away from Sam's side after an hour. She was sleeping peaceful, curled up in blankets. He went back upstairs, searching the drawers and rooms. HE didn't find anything out of place but several small items were missing. A sword that was hidden under one of the mattresses, a few daggers hidden in a secret compartment in the wardrobe.

He went to one of the destroyed beds, falling down on it with a sigh. A breeze blew in through the window and Jared shivered.

--x

Salah glanced at Alanna beside her. Absorbed in her own thoughts, she hadn't noticed the girl had stayed. Her mind had been convinced she would have left.

"Does it make you uncomfortable being here?" The vampire asked Alanna non-chalantly, appearing curious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 7:22 pm

Zayne walked over to the random guy who he was going to go with. "My name is Zayne, what's yours?" The reaper asked questionaly.

<(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)> <(^-^)> <(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)> <(^-^)> <(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)> <(^-^)>

Blaze was still waiting by the door to the sitting room, waiting for everyone to enter. "Please, please do come in! Take a seat. Refreshments will be coming shortly. We have a very clean creak near here that humans say have excellent water, and we'll arrange from some food."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There's Something in the Air   There's Something in the Air - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

There's Something in the Air
Page 9 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
.:Shurtugals:. :: Role-Play Palace :: Role-Play Palace-
Jump to: