.:Shurtugals:.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dangerous Dragons, Helping Humans, and Vindictive Vampires(who don't sparkle.) Yeah, you're hooked aren't you?

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Summer in Alagaesia

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Heir_of_Eragon

Heir_of_Eragon

Summer in Alagaesia Empty
PostSubject: Summer in Alagaesia   Summer in Alagaesia EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 8:11 am

((Just starting something. Not entirely how Blaze suggested (yeah, I wouldn't dare try to roleplay through a feminine character, that would probably fail within the first 3 posts), but simple.))

The bronze dragon Skolifr slept curled up in the sand on a breezy beach at the south-eastern coast of Alagaesia. Her rider was building sand pyramids with his beautiful artwork in sculptures, while his brother Knurla was out on the waters waiting for a giant wave to surf on. The sun was beating down with just the right temperature, and the wind was blowing so hard that each time Heir threw another handful of sand on his pyramid more than half of that handful scattered away into the air. But it was nearly finished! Skolifr yawned contentedly as she rolled over in the sand.
Back to top Go down
http://davidtarr.deviantart.com/
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: Summer in Alagaesia   Summer in Alagaesia EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 10:09 pm

(( Just a random summer in the Hardarac? Wink ))
Back to top Go down
http://www.shurtugals-webbie.webs.com
Heir_of_Eragon

Heir_of_Eragon

PostSubject: Re: Summer in Alagaesia   Summer in Alagaesia EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 7:09 am

((Pretty much! A beach party! Open to all. Very Happy))
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: Summer in Alagaesia   Summer in Alagaesia EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 8:47 pm

Sam yawned, pondering over a map under the shade of G'reth's wide wing. The red yawned, his fangs glinting in the dazzling sunlight. The elf's slender finger trailed down the edge of the Spine and down the west coast until they met the edge of a tail spike. She smiled, grabbing G'reth's tail and moving it aside.

|Such a nice day for flying...|
|But I'm busy...|
|You are always busy|
|Hmpf|

The dragon rolled his eyes and looked towards his rider and the map.
|Well then ponder the paper in the air| His rider smiled, happily obliging. She leaped onto his back and the dragon launched himself into the air. Sam shielded her eyes from sun as G'reth rose into the air. Then, suddenly, he dropped.
"Whoa!!!" G'reth roared in delight, spinning around wildly in the sky as if evading some invisible enemy. When he finally steadied his flight, he looked back at his rider, his eyes twinkling.

|Surprise. Thought I'd try something a little different.|

Sam gave him a scowl and felt her knees release slightly from their tense grip on his bare back. The sparkle in her eyes let G'reth know he was in no trouble.
Back to top Go down
Heir_of_Eragon

Heir_of_Eragon

PostSubject: Re: Summer in Alagaesia   Summer in Alagaesia EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 7:43 am

Knurla found a great wave to ride his board on and took his chance--though he was kinda cheating, using water magic, building the wave up to at least 50 feet. The top crashed down around him and he surfed through the tunnel as if it was in his nature until the wave finally took him under.
The humungous wave washed ashore, completely destroying the sand pyramid Heir worked so desperately hard to finish, and drenched Heir himself and Skolifr who was sleeping soundly next to him. "Knurla, you beast!" Skolifr shook the water off, disturbed from her nap, and her roar toward Knurla turned into a long yawn.
Knurla emerged out in the ocean on his board again. "Go find something better to do, bro." He suggested.
Heir took his advice and climb on top of Skolifr. "Come on, girl, you've gotta be hungry."
Skolifr was. She began flying into the air, but then flew back down towards the water where she swung her tail into the ocean, creating a long, giant wave, and also flinging Knurla backwards into the air and far out in the water. |We're even.| Skolifr announced, and ascended to the clouds.
Back to top Go down
Meg

Meg

PostSubject: Re: Summer in Alagaesia   Summer in Alagaesia EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 11:14 pm

Percy sat near the water's edge, Anaklusmos coiled up comfortably behind him. Her tail gently brushed his leg. The rider was playing with a bit of the water, twisting it into different shapes; a swallow, flames, a dolphin.......lastly, he created a many-petaled flower, gently blooming in his palm. Percy showed it to Caehwyn.
"Who cares?" the werecat grumbled, grumpy about having to go near the water at all. He hated the stuff, for some odd reason.
Percy threw the water-flower in his companion's face.
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: Summer in Alagaesia   Summer in Alagaesia EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 10:42 pm

G'reth floated lazily on an updraft, taking it easy on his rider. She leaned forward, leaning comfortably on his neck and ignoring the stinging pain on her thighs from the friction of G'reth's scales. She closed her eyes enjoying the breeze and the freedom. It had been too long since they had been flying.

The elf glanced around spotting two other riders. Too few... she thought to herself sadly, but she was never alone. G'reth's thoughts mirrored her own. Together they slipped into memories of the past. Flying around the guild castle, training with Sasoix, going on adventures, expanding their skills ..... enjoying free time with Draco and Fallenfaith. That one stabbed Sam's heart painfully and G'reth glanced back at his rider worried. She tucked away the sadness and looked him in the eye with a small smile.

I miss those days too..... the dragon lamented. The elf only nodded her head in agreement.
Back to top Go down
Lance

PostSubject: Re: Summer in Alagaesia   Summer in Alagaesia EmptyWed May 18, 2011 4:26 am

Lance sat on the back of Fury his sword laid across his lap as the great red dragon flew through the air it's ruby red wings tilting as it soared from Thermal to Thermal. During the time Lance sat still as a statue his mind opened scouting out the land under him, around him and above him. The dark elf's black hair flowed behind him like a cape as his glowing eyes moved a little. {Were close}, Yes Fury we are I can sense them too. {Shall we announce our arrival?} Yes please." Fury opened his jaws and let loose a roar and a torrent of flames as it corkscrewed from the clouds into view like a great red ruby pulsing in the sunlight.

Lance didn't even hold on only his legs tightened as they twisted into view a smile on his lips at his dragon the show off. He moved his hand down it's scaled neck and chuckled. "I think they know were here now. {It was just a little fun} Oh of course it was old friend." Lance turned as he soared over another red dragon and waved happily. He was glad to see that other riders were out on the beautiful day.
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: Summer in Alagaesia   Summer in Alagaesia EmptyWed May 18, 2011 6:03 pm

The roar of a dragon registered lightly in the back of Sam's mind. As a rider, she was accustomed to the noise. G'reth trimmed his wings and turned softly in a circle to face the dragon. The elf glanced up, expecting one of the other riders, but that expectation was shattered.

A drow elf? On the surface? Riding a dragon?!

G'reth gave a furious pump of his wings to bring them up higher above the newcomer. He growled softly and his eyes sparkled to life, thinking a fight was at hand. Sam's soothing touch on his neck brought the giant red back to earth, figuratively speaking. A dark elf!

I know. Surface elves and drow were not known as friends. If there were polar opposites, dark elves and surface elves were the epitome of this. The elf felt all of her muscles tense in her body,waiting for something to happen, but the wave? The smile? Undrow-like. She pursed her lips, cursing the fact that she was not armed and had not bothered with a saddle for G'reth.

Sam took a deep breath and waved back with a small, polite smile. G'reth kept his altitude... and distance.
Back to top Go down
Lance

PostSubject: Re: Summer in Alagaesia   Summer in Alagaesia EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:46 pm

Fury tilted his wings he came closer to the dragon preferring to soar in lazy circles then tire his wings out by hovering. Lance looked at the elf and bowed his head lightly a sign of equal respect. "Hello there friend I heard there were riders in these parts, I am Lance and this is Fury I am glad to see we were correct." His voice was light and innocent that of a child however his demeanor showed a trained warrior ready for battle if necessary. Fury shuffled his great body which made Lance chuckle. "Fury says you have nothing to fear from us we are Shur'turgal as well I have just finished my training so Fury and I thought we go scout the land."

He watched the other elf her tightness of muscles, the look in her eyes, the flash across her face to a human all of this would have been ignored but to another elf the woman basically radiated distrust. "You seem shocked my lady, Is there something I can do for you to help your Uneasiness?" Fury reached out to G'reth trying to reassure him they were not enemies.
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: Summer in Alagaesia   Summer in Alagaesia EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:02 pm

"There are some riders in these parts, yes," Sam said to the other rider. She watched the duo and knew that he was right about them being Shurtugals. A rider and dragon have a bond, when they do not, it is easy to tell. From the graceful circles of the dragon to the calm demeanor of the dark elf, Sam knew he wasn't lying. "Where did you train?"

G'reth pumped his wings, gaining altitude. He began to fly small circles, counter clockwise to Fury. He denied the contact to Fury, choosing to only brush consciouses rather than open a connection.

A normal drow would have just shot out of the sky and attacked a surface elf.... the rider said to her dragon.

A normal dragon would not dishonor him or herself by bearing a drow G'reth dutifully replied, though Sam could tell he was hesitant to.

The elf looked towards the drow again and met his eyes. "I'm afraid I missed your name as well?"
Back to top Go down
Lance

PostSubject: Re: Summer in Alagaesia   Summer in Alagaesia EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:43 am

Lance smiled watching them both and patted Fury's side to reassure him. "I apologize, My name is Lance. I was trained at the tower not far from here by elders both Rider and Dragon. I see my coming has bothered you I apologize again for it was not my intention."

[They do not trust us bonded] The dragon spoke to his rider.

{Aye they do not but it is up to us to get them to trust us for we are allies both riders}. Lance responded.

Fury turned quickly soaring upwards to get a vantage height unless it was needed as He tried to send out peace to his fellow dragon.
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: Summer in Alagaesia   Summer in Alagaesia EmptyThu May 19, 2011 7:05 pm

Sam pursed her lips once more but nodded. "I am Sam and this is G'reth," The dragon hissed underneath her and she scowled at him. "Sorry if I seem a bit off but then again, our two races, drow and surface elves, have never interacted well. Forgive my hesitance,"

G'reth pumped his wings, putting himself above the other dragon. He blew a small jet of flame out of his nostrils from frustration. Stop being so stubborn, it's not like they attacked us or anything Sam's voice entered into his mind. G'reth enveloped the connection protectively.

Yet, you might bring your guard down quickly, I do not. The elf rolled her eyes at her dragon and he snaked his neck around just in time to see it. Don't roll your eyes at me... His rider stuck out her tongue and scratched the hollow in between his shoulders blades. G'reth purred with contentment.
Back to top Go down
Lance

PostSubject: Re: Summer in Alagaesia   Summer in Alagaesia EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:51 pm

Lance laughed as Fury floated back. "I understand but I am not my entire race, I was chosen as a Rider by Fury and trained as Riders. We were told to scout the land and meet other riders. I take no offense dragons are very stubborn when they choose to be." Fury huffed and shook his shoulders making Lance grab on. He laughed leaning forward and scratching the leather behind his eye sockets.

[Bonded you push it my friend.]

{Oh like your not stubborn}

[Are not]

{Are too. Ok were in the middle of something.}

He looked up at the pair and smiled trying to keep things calm.
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: Summer in Alagaesia   Summer in Alagaesia EmptyFri May 20, 2011 12:05 am

G'reth snarled at the jab to his personality but his rider only laughed. Sam glanced at the amber eyes glaring at her. He is right.

Maybe... was the reply. Sam rubbed his nose affectionately and the dragon turned back towards Fury and Lance. He pumped his wings to gain back the altitude he had lost while having a moment with his rider. Sam frowned slightly but then shrugged. Not everyone was who they seemed to be. Her gut impression was telling her that the pair might be okay.

Hell, they could have caught them unaware earlier if they had wanted to.

Show'em what we got?

With pleasure G'reth growled as he thrust down with his wings and shot off higher into the sky.

"Come on!" Sam shouted back, deciding to stop worrying for a change and enjoy the beautiful summer air.
Back to top Go down
Lance

PostSubject: Re: Summer in Alagaesia   Summer in Alagaesia EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:04 am

Fury roared and Lance laughed as the great red dragon pumped his wings and shot after the other. He twisted in the air shooting past the other dragon with Lance sitting at ease on his back as if Fury was simply gliding. Fury spun in the air going upside down as he whipped past the other dragon from above and flew towards the ground his wings held tight as they dropped like a red thunderbolt.

Fury opened his wings filling them with air and missed the ground by a hairsbreadth before going back into the sky with Lance roaring his approval as he watched the other pair his arm waving offering them a chance to show what they got. Fury hopped onto a Thermal gliding around as Lance enjoyed the soft wind and warm summer sun.
Back to top Go down
Sae

Sae

PostSubject: Re: Summer in Alagaesia   Summer in Alagaesia EmptyFri May 20, 2011 8:18 pm

G'reth shot upward into the sky after the other pair was finished their play. He trimmed his wingtips and neatly pulled a backward loop while spinning. Sam gripped his sides tightly, hoping she wouldn't fall off. She didn't have a saddle to hold onto after all.

The red dragon gave a quick pump of his wings, shooting like a comet past Fury and Lance. He roared and launched a fireball from his mouth. Sam sent a quick burst of air magic, spreading the fire into a ring before they reached it. The large red nimbly flew through the target, trimmed his wings once more and streamlined his body, falling towards the ground. He opened his wings just before the ground, but instead of pulling up, he glided right along the ground. A deer that had been resting in the tall grass jumped up in fear and bolted. G'reth lazily snapped his jaws at it.

I'll come back and get it later... The dragon said to his rider, who replied with a squeeze of her legs, urging him on faster. G'reth turned his tail slightly and trimmed his wings to catch a thermal, which easily threw him back up into the sky. Sam laughed, her blonde hair streaming around her face, and gave her dragon an affectionate pat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer in Alagaesia   Summer in Alagaesia Empty

Back to top Go down

Summer in Alagaesia
Page 1 of 1